ST. JOSEPH CHURCH TIMELINE
ST. JOSEPH CHURCH
December 22, 1903 ~ St. Joseph Church is completed with a blessing from Bishop Charles Colton.
1903 ~ First pastor is appointed: Rev. Cipriano Mealli
1911 ~ Rev Federico Sbrocca becomes St. Joseph second pastor.
1914 ~ St. Joseph School is completed at a cost of $40,000.00 and a
building on Pine Avenue is purchased and converted to a convent.
September, 1915 ~ Fr. Sbrocca was named Bishop of his native city in Campobosso and was succeeded
by Rev. Austin Billerio.
December 15, 1920 ~ Church renovations completed with the Lombard Italian Romanesque
architectural style and was dedicated by Bishop William Turner of Buffalo.
1925 ~ Fr. Billerio was succeeded by Rev. George O'Neill, who served as pastor for 17 years.
October 7, 1945 ~ Rev. George O'Neill passed away.
November, 1945 ~ Msgr. Paschal J. Tronolone becomes 5th pastor.
1950 ~ first new convent completed on Tronolone Place